Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Student Teaching. . . the first week

One of the many things I have to do as a student teacher is to keep a daily journal of my experiences.  I thought that my family and friends might be interested in hearing about it.  I will try to only post the things that are of interest and skip the mundane and the educational jargon.  Here are the last few entries.  


Daily Journal of Student Teaching
1-4-11
                I was late again this morning.  I really will need to work on that.  Still I managed to follow what I hope will become an unbreakable habit of praying on the steps on the school building before entering the door.  I am here as a student, I am here as a teacher- a student of God and a teacher of His ways and I want Him to teach my and to teach through me. 
                Since most of yesterday was devoted to recovering from the crazy hours I kept at GYC and the long drive here from Baltimore, this was my first real day of class.  Miss Johns had the privilege to observe Mrs. Moses as she taught Esther, Josiah, Ria, Gaby, Darius, and Brittany.  I am already starting to like these people.  Mrs. Moses is so sweet and encouraging.  I don’t think I will be nervous teaching in front of her.  I am still a little shy around the students but a good game of hide and seek helped that.  I think they are warming up to me.  I want to show them Jesus.  I hope that they will like me, but I am more interested in teaching them. 
                I can’t wait to start teaching these sweet kids myself, but I am also glad for the chance to get on my feet and learn from the professionals.  I start teaching two subjects next week, I am trying to decide which ones. 
                I am finally a teacher, after all these years.  I pray I will do my best. 




No comments:

Post a Comment