Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dialogue

Characters:  An all powerful yet helpless Father; a rebellious, defiant child


"Even though it hurts that you don't like me, I am more concerned with your bad attitude.  What is making you act this way?"  Nothing, I don't have to be acting the way I am.  
"Then why are you doing it?"  Because I don't like you. 
"But it is hurting you not me!  You won't be able to hold a job, have a happy home, or make lasting friendships with an attitude like that.  The other children are annoyed by your attitude.  You can't ever be happy this way!"  (Defiant smile, challenging eyes,  silence.) 
"Child?"  (more silence.)
"I care about you.  Please. . . "(no answer, same eyes.)
(Noise, other people show up, other distractions)
The child retreats into the relative comfort of isolation from the Father. . .  The Father cries.
Will she ever understand?  

No comments:

Post a Comment