Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Against the Whole World: Me or Jesus?


I was struck this evening with the thought that I am contending with great powers for the minds, hearts, and souls of my students.  Everything in the world is calculated to tear down the principles that I am trying to build up for the foundation can even be laid.  One little teacher with a bunch of lesson plans and a big smile isn’t going to be able to do anything against the media, the lack of family strength, and the materialism that attacks these kids.  Only the power of God will make my students into powerful men and women of God.  I can never take the credit for anything good.  Even if I become the best teacher in the world I will still be helpless against the world, but Jesus is strong!  I pray that He will live in me, love through me, and teach through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment