Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ready for Either


I stand as the property of my Lord,
Before a heavy plow,
Ready to serve in any field,
Where He may send me now.

I stand as the property of my Lord,
Before an altar made of stone,
Ready to bleed and give me life,
And the choice is His alone.

The field is hard and full of stones,
But I’ll go in this my might,
For I am yoked up with my Lord,
It’s easy, the burden is light.
A life of service, whatever the toil,
On stony, hard, or thorny soil,
To go wherever Jesus leads,
However and with whoever,
In whatever way that He sees fit,
He’ll be with me forever.

The altar is bloody, it may mean,
A death to all my cherished dreams,
Or pain with all its dread and fear,
But in the east, morning beams.
And all the weeping of the night
Cannot endure the morning light,
And pain, and sacrifice and death,
The loss of the last thing I have left,
Mean nothing, when by faith I behold
The glitter of the streets of gold.

I stand as the property of my Lord,
Facing altar or plow, fearing neither,
For He Himself has gone before,
So I am ready for either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment