Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sacrifice?

Sacrifice?  What is an acceptable sacrifice?
 Is it the giving of my foolishness, my brokenness, my gruesome wounds, my joys that leave me miserable, my food that leaves me hungry, my drink that leaves me thirsty?  Is the renouncing of sin sacrifice?  Never! 
To call giving up our poison to the One who gave up all to drink it sacrifice shows that we have no true understanding of sin not love for God.
What is sacrifice?
Is requires the giving of something good.  Something that would be worthwhile to retain.  A sacrifice must be something that we have every right to keep.  If it is sinful to keep losing it wouldn't be sacrifice, it would be salvation.
Yet even the good things we halfheartedly give, looking over our shoulder to see if anyone saw. . . are they really sacrifice?  What if He asks for the best? Is even my best sacrifice? 
And what about being a living sacrifice.  If I am to be a living sacrifice, I must be perfected by another sacrifice.  The perfect life of Jesus must make my life an acceptable sacrifice.
What is sacrifice?  Look at Calvary. . . what else?  

1 comment:

  1. Sacrifice... The giving up of something that is perfectly beautiful and rightfully ours... Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete